Date: 21 April 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 1700 – 1730 hrs (Delhi). Starts 0630 (Chicago), 1230 (London), 2130 (Melbourne).
Open to all. Free.
About the Webtalk
Topic: Using the K.N. Raj Library for Kerala Studies
Speaker: V. Sriram, Chief Librarian, KN Raj Library
The KN Raj Library at the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, is one of the finest libraries in India. It also houses collections of special interest to Kerala scholars.
Sriram will present on how to use the library for Kerala Studies, including,
- What resources are available at the Library?
- How can scholars outside the city use the Library?
- 10-minute talk, followed by Live Q & A.
- Participants can interact with the speaker. Ask questions, suggest ideas.
- Group video call – participants can ask questions via live video, audio, or text chat.
- For best results, you may send your queries in advance to email@example.com
How to Participate
The event will be held using leading videoconferencing software Zoom (similar to Skype, but account not required).
If you have used Zoom, it is most likely installed on your device. Simply click on https://zoom.us/j/214818442 in your PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android to enter the meeting.
If you are going to use Zoom for the first time on your device, here’s how to do it. It usually takes only 4-5 minutes to download, install, and join a meeting.
ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE
1. Install the ‘Zoom Cloud Meetings’ app, from Google Play Store or iTunes store.
2. Click on ‘Join a Meeting’. (You need not Sign In or create an account via Sign Up.).
3. Key in the meeting number 214818442 and your preferred screen name.
4. Click ‘Join Meeting’.
- Install Zoom software at least 10-15 minutes before the meeting.
- During the event, use an earphone-with-mic for best results.
- To ask questions, use the controls at the bottom of your screen. For an oral question, click on ‘Raise Hand’, and you will be given the mic. You can also ask questions via text chat any time.
Contact for details/support
Tell others about this